So you want to increase quality backlinks to your website?
In this article, we look at some of the most practical ways to go about getting quality backlinks. But first, let’s see what backlinks entail.
Why are backlinks important?
Search crawlers rely on backlinks to rank your websites. As such, if you have many quality backlinks, your websites are more likely to rank high. By quality, we mean backlinks from authority sites such as big brands and popular news sites.
By quality, we mean backlinks from authority sites such as big brands and popular news sites.
Types of backlinks
- Dofollow: Dofollow are links that web crawlers follow. Most marketers or bloggers approach authority websites to get them. They significantly improve quality traffic to the specific page.
- Nofollow: As the name suggests, they tell web crawlers not to follow them. Social media links are some of the most popular nofollow links.
This means you should strike a balance between the two since concentrating on one type can get you penalized.
How to increase quality backlinks to your site
1. Create quality content
This is arguably the easiest and most attractive way to increase quality links to your site. Besides, quality content often attracts quality links from other blogs and websites. The content you display on your site is a reflection of your brand or organization. Popular ways to create quality content include:
- Creating content for your readers: Avoid writing for SEO or yourself. Instead, create content that readers will find relevant.
- Creating engaging and readable content: Keep in mind the structure of your content. For example, you should include headings, subheadings, images, or videos.
- Build trust: Write about what you know and avoid using stock images and video.
- Update content regularly: Keep abreast of happenings in your industry so you can provide up-to-date information.
- Do not forget your site structure: The design of your website plays a crucial role in link building. No site wants to link to an ugly-looking and unorganized site.
2. Copy your competitors’ backlinks
Ideally, you’ll be linking to sites that rank higher than you. And as expected, they have quality links to other sites. Now, why not get a list of these links and replicate the best ones. You can use SEO tools such as Moz and Ahref to copy the links.
Besides, you can reach out to editors or columnists of sites they are linking to. Particularly sites such as Huffington Post, BBC, and other high-value sites. Likewise, if they are linking to corporate sites, you should consider networking and outreach.
3. Guest blogging
Guest blogging is yet another effective way to increase quality links to your site. This is because you are interacting with an established audience. Not only do you create links, but also improve traffic on your website. Ensure your guest posts are of high quality and relevant to the site’s audience. Otherwise, Google will penalize you.
They are different ways to find guest posting opportunities. They include:
- Google search: You can use a combination of phrases such as “keyword + write for us”.
- Using competitors’ backlinks: Using tools such as Ahrefs, you can find your competitors’ backlinks. Reach out to them and inquire about guest posting opportunities.
- Social media: Visit your competitor’s social platform and see if they are promoting guest posts. Then, reach out to those blogs or websites.
- Contribute to online communities: They are numerous online communities in at least all niches. You can find them on social media platforms, such as Reddit.
4. Use roundup posts
Roundup posts are a collection of opinions from experts of a certain niche. For example, a blogger can send you a questionnaire asking you about a certain product or service. But to get featured, you need to be known. As such, you should promote your content widely and network with other bloggers in your niche.
Also, you can create a list of bloggers who create roundup posts. Then, reach out to them and promote their products or services. Once you’ve built rapport, ask them to feature you on their roundup posts. That said, ensure you provide valuable information and avoid generic answers.
Once you’ve built rapport, ask them to feature you on their roundup posts. That said, ensure you provide valuable information and avoid generic answers.
5. Use blog commenting
As mentioned, you should aim to strike a balance between nofollow and Dofollow links. Blog commenting is a sure way to get quality nofollow links. Besides increasing links, blog commenting:
- Improves your online visibility.
- Bolsters your credibility since you provide insightful input.
- Helps build relationships with other bloggers.
- Increases traffic to your website.
6. Track your backlinks
Most bloggers spend much time getting new links, forgetting they should track their status. For example, you may link to 50 sites but after a few months, 10 of these sites are no longer live. It is, therefore, crucial to track the status of your backlinks. Again, you can use SEO tools such as Ubbersuggest to track the health of your backlinks.
7. Use video marketing
Another effective way to increase quality links to your site is to use video marketing. In fact, more than 50% of consumers prefer videos from businesses and brands. Besides, YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google.
In fact, more than 50% of consumers prefer videos from businesses and brands.
It is easy to create videos and they are more digestible compared to blog posts. You can make videos of your top-performing content. Do not forget to include links to your blog or website in the description section. Besides, video marketing increases followers, brand exposure, and conversion rate.
As you can see, there are numerous ways to increase quality links to your site. Quality links to only increase traffic to your site but also bolster your credibility and trust. Avoid linking to sites that rank lower than you. So, which strategy do you find convincing? Let us know in the comment section.